We think that with version 2 Isotope eCommerce is on the right track in terms of the product itself but as we all know, good software is not only about the lines of code but also the environment.
Today, we look back at two very intense months full of discussions and another bazillion hours of spare time spent on how to improve our baby's environment! Here's what we did:
- Welcome to our new website! We're finally responsive so you can enjoy reading our blog posts on the go! The blog section has improved with information about the authors and tagging so you can easily filter for things you care about. We've documented how you can contribute whether it's writing manuals or reporting bugs and where you can get the help you need.
- There's a manual that is managed on GitHub and then parsed to HTML and displayed on the website now! This was a project funded by a fundraising and for now only available in German. This is where we need you! Do you know Isotope eCommerce and Contao a little? Have you maybe worked with 1.4 or even 2.0 already? We know Google Translate is doing a good job in helping to understand articles written in a foreign language and think it should be possible for any English speaking person to help us to translate! Especially, when you know the product already!
- There is a demo for version 2.x now! You can read the instructions and get the files from here!
All of this would have been impossible without the help of volunteers!
Here are our heroes, Kudos!
- Bjarke Ammann (netzarbeiter)
For implementing the new design, writing manual and being very careful about minor things! Without him, things would have become not a quarter as good as they are today!
- Anita Sterchi (Büro + Webdesign GmbH)
For putting the manual to the acid test and thus improving the overall quality tremendously!
- Monique Hahnefeld
For writing manual and being passionate about the project!
We hope that those improvements on the environment of will help Isotope eCommerce to further grow and get better every day! We hope you enjoy!