- You can now use InsertTags on WHERE conditions in the front end modules product filter, product list and variant list.
- You can now assign custom colors to an order status so that the back end gets clearer.
- The access to order details can now optionally be limited to a login if it has been ordered by a member (currently accessible by UID for anybody)
- The automated currency conversion that normally updates the exchange rates once a day now updates every time you change the settings in the store configuration too.
- Google eCommerce Tracking can now comfortably be enabled in the store configuration.
- A few minor improvements
A new version, again?
Yes, again! But don't worry, you will get used to it.
In the past we have kept back new Isotope eCommerce features and every single 1.x version represented a monstrous update. This is over now as there is no reason to retain new features only to provide a huge update at one dash.
As you might have already recognized from the improvements listed above, there's nothing groundbreaking yet it can be useful for you or one of your customers already. So why wait?
But I cannot keep up with that speed!
Yes, you can! Because we stick to the rules of Semantic Versioning. All the extensions that are compatible with 2.0 will be with 2.1 and 2.2 etc. All your configurations will not influence or change the current behavior of your store. You will not have to adjust your templates unless you want to benefit from the new features (if they required changes on templates).
Features that change the current behavior or the current code base in a way that current settings or extensions might possibly stop working as expected require a new major version.
As a reminder:
- 2.0.x = Maintenance release (solely contains bugfixes)
- 2.x.0 = Minor release (solely contains new features that are backward compatible)
- x.0.0 = Major release (contains new features or changes that are not backward compatible)
To make a long story short: you will only need to schedule a lot of time for updates when there is version 3 of Isotope eCommerce.
All right? Good :-)
Have fun with the new features!
The Isotope eCommerce Team